Knights of Columbus InsuranceProtecting Catholic Families Since 1882
Your Shield for Life
The Knights of Columbus is a fraternal benefit society, which means we can provide financial security to members and their families while turning premiums into charitable impact.
We Are Strong, Stable, & Secure
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic fraternal benefit society, with over 2 million members in over a dozen countries. Founded by a priest to help provide financial aid to Catholic families, the Knights of Columbus is now one of the largest life insurers in North America. The Knights of Columbus also helps support a multitude of charitable causes. In the last decade, the Order has given more than $1.55 billion to charity.
A fraternal benefit society is a membership-based nonprofit organization that offers its members numerous fraternal benefits, including insurance products.
Knights of Columbus members and their families have exclusive access to our top-quality life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability income insurance, and annuity products. In addition to our strong, secure products, there are Family Fraternal Benefits that can help our members facing unique needs.
- Our Strength
A Fortune 1000 Company Born Beneath an Altar
The Knights of Columbus is one of the largest life insurers in North America and the largest Catholic life insurer in the world. * Six numbers tell the story of Knights of Columbus strength:
- In November of 2020, the Knights of Columbus surpassed $110 billion of life insurance in force.
- The Knights of Columbus manages $24 billion of assets from their international headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- In 2019 alone, the Knights of Columbus distributed $950 million to members and their beneficiaries in benefits, claims, maturities, annuities, and dividends.
- The Knights of Columbus has more than 2 million active contracts in force.
- Despite a rough economic climate, the Knights of Columbus has experienced 22 consecutive years of growth.
- For 47 consecutive years, the Knights of Columbus has earned superior ratings for financial strength from A.M. Best**
*Ranked according to assets by Best’s Statistical Study
**Currently rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best